The Missouri State Fairgrounds facilities provide travelers with outstanding campsite opportunities year-round.
Our campgrounds are open 24 hours each day, so you are welcome to pull in to our public, overnight camping area day or night. All types of camping units, including tents, are easily accommodated.*
Fair-time camping is available through the 11-day Missouri State Fair website.
Staying on grounds at a campsite is a great way to enjoy the fun and festivities of the Missouri State Fair, Missouri’s largest agricultural event! Every August, thousands of Fairgoers from across the Midwest park their trailers and hitch their tents during the Fair. Whether it’s a vacation or family reunion, stop by for a night – or 11 days – and enjoy the sights and sounds of the Missouri State Fair.
During the Missouri State Fair, reservations are accepted only for long-term (full eleven-day period) Fair-time camping.
Sites with all utilities, as available:
- $35.00/hook up/night
- Electricity – (50/30/20 amp)
- Sewer – (Full hook up site with an extra tent is an extra $12.00 per tent per night.)
Site without utilities:
*Different rates apply during the peak season surrounding the annual Missouri State Fair.
Sites with all utilities, as available:
- Water and sewer hookups**
- Sewage waste dump station
- Shower and restroom facilities nearby**
- Open year round, no reservations accepted.
** As weather permits. No water available October 31 through April 1. Rate during this time is $25.00/hook up/night.
RV Dump Station
Included in nightly rental fee for paying guests. Fee for dump station use only is $12 per visit/dump. Payments can be made over the phone to the Business Office or dropped by the front desk. There is a dump station located in the Year Round/Public/Inner Campground.
Rules & Regulations
- Campground is open 24 hrs. each day.
- During the off-season we do not take reservations for camping, it is on a first come first serve basis.
- Cash, check and major credit cards accepted. Payments can be made to Missouri State Fair. Event/Security staff will come by in the evening to pick up payment, they accept cash or check. Payments may also be made by visiting the Business Office, Monday-Friday, 8am-12pm and 1pm-5pm. Business Office can accept credit/debit card payments over the phone at 660-530-5600. According to Missouri State Statute, there will be a 2% plus $0.50 convenience fee charged for each credit/debit card transaction. Business Office is located on gate 6A, between the Mathewson Exhibition Center and Lowell Mohler Assembly Hall.
- No Refunds.
- No Wi-Fi accessibility.
- No Campfires – This includes propane and wood burning firepits.
- An adequate fire lane must be maintained at all times.
- Tampering with utilities is prohibited. Opening, modifying or otherwise tampering with electric pedestals or other utilities will result in expulsion from the campground with no reimbursement of fees or expenses.
- Only one electrical outlet per camp-site allowed.
- Please leave your campsite as clean as you found it. Place trash into trash containers.
Missouri State Fairgrounds Facilities
Here at the Fairgrounds, we offer big-time facilities with a small-town feel. You’ll experience a winning combination of historic buildings and exceptional staff. Whatever the size of your event, if you need to rent a Midwest location, we’ve got you covered.
Our team is ready to make your event and rental experience a success. Day in and day out, our staff coordinates activities across our 400 acres of property. Explore our list of venues and start planning your next event in Sedalia.
- Agriculture Building
- Cattle Barns
- Commercial Building
- Donnelly Arena
- Dr. Taylor Woods Youth Center
- FFA Building
- Highway Gardens
- Horse Barns
- Lowell Mohler Assembly Hall
- Mathewson Exhibition Center
- MFA Youth Livestock Arena
- Missouri Electric Cooperatives Building
- MO-Ag Theatre
- Nucor Director’s Pavilion
- Poultry & Rabbit Building
- Public/Main Campground
- Sheep Pavilion
- State Fair Arena
- Swine Pavilion
- Varied Industries Building
- Womans Building